The 7th Global Innovation and Knowledge Academy (GIKA)
28 to 30 of June 2017, Lisbon
The Universidade de Lisboa (ULisboa) will host the 2017 GIKA conference in its prestigious school ISEG, Lisbon School of Economics and Management (www.iseg.ulisboa.pt). Located in the heart of the city, ISEG facilities combine the beautiful features of a historic Convent with modern, functional and comfortable classrooms, auditoria and other amenities.
At ISEG you will find a culture of excellence and achievement alongside a climate of inclusiveness and cooperation that has enabled our school to educate a large number of business and political leaders and also to develop a strong academic reputation over its more than 100-year history.
Served by a faculty of recognized merit, ISEG has followed a strategy of internationalization, both in terms of research and teaching, and it is well represented in international research networks. Exchange agreements with more than 140 universities exist for both faculty and students alike. We also provide several joint degrees with internationally-renowned universities and we are proud to possess relevant international accreditations (AMBA, RICS and PMI, and member of AACSB International and EFMD).
ISEG’s Mission is to create and share knowledge and culture in the fields of Economics, Finance and Business, and to enhance its socio-economic value by using an approach of plurality, guaranteeing freedom in intellectual and scientific expression, and respect for ethical principles and social responsibility.
Some key facts:
- For more than a century, ISEG has educated generations of leaders and professionals in the fields of Management, Economics and Finance;
- ISEG, Lisbon School of Economics and Management of the Universidade de Lisboa, the best Portuguese university in international rankings (SIR IBER 2015; Academic Ranking of World Universities 2015);
- ISEG is the school with the highest scientific production in the fields of management, economics and applied mathematics of economics and management;
- Three research centres are considered “excellent” of “very good” by the Portuguese foundation for science and technology (FCT);
- Alumni Económicas is the largest and more prestigious association of former students of economics and management in Portugal;
- The faculty is made of 243 professors, 80% possess a PhD. and many of these graduated in the best international schools (e.g. London Business School, Manchester Business School, Tilburg University, Cranfield School of Management, Warwick Business School, Harvard Business School, etc.);
- Offers 7 bachelors degrees, 20 masters degrees and 8 doctoral programmes;
- Since 1993 ISEG has also an executive training activity, offering the MBA ISEG, 30 distinct post-graduation programmes and brief courses;
- Has approximately 4,950 students (including 10% foreign students from more than 50 nationalities), distributed by the bachelors degrees (2,597), masters degrees (1,458), doctoral programmes (289) and executive training (600).
An event (with editors of ISI-Ranked Journals) you can´t miss!
Meet the editors´ session – Debate with these editors
- Journal of Business Research (Elsevier): Naveen Donthu, Georgia State University, USA
- Psychology & Marketing Journal (Wiley-Blackwell Publishers): Rajan Nataraajan, Auburn University, USA
- International Review of Economics & Finance (Elsevier): Carl R. Chen, University of Dayton, USA
- Service Business (Springer): Sang M. Lee, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA
- International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal (Springer): Salvador Roig-Dobón, University of Valencia, Spain
- Economic Research-Ekonomska Istraživanja (Taylor & Francis): Marinko Škare, Juraj Dobrila University of Pula, Croatia
- International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior & Research (Emerald): Paul Jones, Plymouth University, UK
- Contemporary Economics: Marcin W. Staniewski, University of Finance and Management in Warsaw, Poland
- Journal of Small Business Strategy: William C. McDowell, Middle Tennessee State University, USA
- European Journal of Management & Business Economics (Emerald): Enrique Bigne, University of Valencia, Spain
How to publish – Plenary session